Chandos Construction Leverages Vista by Viewpoint to Manage its Rapid Growth
Edmonton, Alberta general contractor, Chandos Construction needed a scalable software platform to match company growth objectives and Sage 300 wasn’t providing the flexibility it needed. Chandos required a solution that would eliminate the company’s process of duplicate data entry as well as the cumbersome changeorder process that was crippling project management efficiencies.
Viewpoint is clearly a company that stands behind its products.— Roger Babichuk, VP, Finance & Administration
A Major Advantage
After evaluating several systems and visiting customer sites, Chandos chose Vista by Viewpoint for its contemporary Microsoft SQL/ .NET platform and time-saving efficiencies. Viewpoint’s experienced consulting support and technical teams, along with a lowmaintenance update process were also deciding factors.. Chandos noted that these benefits provided a major advantage over the Sage software they were previously using.
The Viewpoint Difference
Once the team at Chandos saw how easily the Viewpoint solution scaled, they were confident the product would easily handle their company’s rapid growth. The change to Viewpoint also felt like a more suitable fit to Chandos’ business culture - not to mention budget and time-saving requirements.
Other key deciding factors included:
- Comprehensive document management with simple drag-and-drop functionality for any file type.
- Easy file indexing, retrieval, and routing for faster approval cycles.
- Quick and painless update process with low overhead that doesn’t require extensive IT administration.
- Respected consulting and customer support.
Results and fast ROI already achieved include:
- Change order process went from using three systems (Word, Excel, Timberline) to one system (Viewpoint) - 40% more efficient.
- Project billings went from the same three programs to just Viewpoint - 30% more efficient.
- Less duplicate entry and log tracking compared to the previous Sage system.
- Organizing invoices enabled timely approvals.
Chandos embodies a culture of continuous improvement. Implementing Vista by Viewpoint is an investment in improved efficiency and productivity.