2019 Viewpoint Construction Award Winners Celebrated During Collaborate User Conference
Contractors Recognized for the Most Collaborative, Challenging and Innovative Projects of the Year
PORTLAND, Ore. – October 2, 2019 – Viewpoint, a Trimble Company (NASDAQ: TRMB) and construction management software leader, today announced the winners of the 2019 Viewpoint Construction Awards featuring the most collaborative, challenging and innovative projects of the year. The awards are designed to celebrate the project success of Viewpoint customers and highlight the unique ways construction firms are leveraging technology to improve operations.
Nearly 30 companies submitted projects for consideration. Submissions ranged from successfully handling the challenges of project labor while constructing a bioenergy project in Hawaii to orchestrating the construction of a 110-unit affordable housing project in close proximity to the Bay Area Rapid Transit station.
“We were overwhelmed with the quality of the submissions this year; it was a real challenge for the committee to select only three companies and projects,” said Matt Harris, Viewpoint chief product and strategy officer. “Now more than ever, construction companies are connecting critical business functions like accounting and project management with field operations as a necessary component of increasing efficiency. This makes their jobs much easier, but our jobs as judges much harder.”
Ultimately, three companies stood out and were recognized as follows:
- Most Collaborative: Encore Electric – Gaylord of the Rockies Hotel and Resort – Aurora, Colo.
- A large-scale, three-year project involving more than 200 specialty contractors. Emphasis on safety, morale, and collaboration among the 1,700 craftspeople kept teams working cohesively to overcome challenges and meet project delivery goals, while software enabled the seamless flow of information between teams both on and offsite.
- Projects in this category were judged based on rigorous collaboration required between stakeholders, adherence to the project goals and exceptional nature of the results.
- Most Challenging: Caldwell Marine International (division of JAG Companies) – Boston Harbor Submarine Cable Project – Boston, Mass.
- Installed three miles of submarine cable under Boston Harbor. The on-site crew communicated with out-of-state headquarter offices using Viewpoint software to seamlessly integrate financial and project management data. Key functions of Viewpoint’s Vista supporting the project included approving invoices, tracking equipment, writing purchase orders and subcontracts and billing the owners of the job.
- Projects in this category were judged based on the noteworthy nature of the circumstances, the challenges faced and how the contractor met and adapted to them.
- Most Innovative: Pan Pacific Mechanical – BOTS and Natural Language Processing – Fountain Valley, Calif.
- Recognizes the development of technology to identify valuable information from everyday speech and carry out actions based on the information. Functions of Viewpoint software enabled retrieval of valuable project information based on verbal cues.
- Projects in this category were judged on the application of Viewpoint technology along with the potential impact of the innovation on the industry.
“It is great to see how many construction firms are approaching projects through an innovative lens and really leveraging technology to create solution-driven outcomes,” said Fran O’ Sullivan, CFO, Dome Construction and member of the judging panel. “It was an honor to be a part of the judging committee and fun to be among a group of peers that value doing things better and differently, just like we do at Dome Construction.”
The judging panel was made up of industry leaders, researchers and Viewpoint executives. Winners were recognized during an award ceremony during the 2019 Viewpoint Collaborate User Conference.
Viewpoint, a Trimble Company (NASDAQ: TRMB), enables contractors to better manage their projects, processes and people, using the data gathered to lower risk and improve margins. The ViewpointOne construction management software suite integrates operations across the office, team and field to improve project profitability, enhance productivity and effectively collaborate across the broad ecosystem. With nearly 8,000 clients, including more than 40 percent of the ENR 400, Viewpoint’s innovations are transforming the construction industry by fully integrating operations across financial and HR systems, project management tools and mobile field solutions. For more information, visit: www.viewpoint.com.