6 Minute Read
Protecting the Health and Safety of the Viewpoint Community
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of the Viewpoint community. That’s why we’ve activated Viewpoint's Business Continuity Team (BCT) to monitor COVID-19, implement policies with an abundance of care and caution as well as regularly communicate updates to our global community of employees, customers and partners. In the spirit of transparency, trust and knowledge sharing, we will post our latest policies here should any further developments occur.
About Viewpoint & Our Business Continuity Team
Viewpoint has been in business in Portland, Oregon for more than 40 years. We're bedrock members of this community and have had preparedness measures in place for any emergency for some time. As we — and our other offices in Seattle, Newcastle (UK) and Sydney (AUS) — have grown, so has our focus on the safety of our employees and the broader community. As we become more deeply ingrained with Trimble, we have adopted additional corporate-wide policies as well as counsel to help us keep our people and partners safe.
Our BCT meets sporadically to assure our preparedness for emerging issues and that cadence increases in the face of a challenge. Our goal currently is to best determine how to help protect our global community of employees, customers and partners while keeping our business operations running and lines of communication flowing.
We monitor and carefully adhere to advice from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control, the U.S. Department of State, and government and health officials in local communities where our employees live and work.
Viewpoint: Work From Home Enabled
To protect the health of our families and communities, as of Monday, March 16, we’re asking all Viewpoint employees who are able to work from home until Friday, March 27th.
Thanks in part to robust technology tools, Viewpoint employees are already able to (and frequently do) work from anywhere, and have the resources and tools they need to do their jobs securely from any device and location. We are monitoring the situation daily everywhere we have offices, and will update our policies accordingly.
Policy Information: Health & Safety
Health is personal, and as always, we encourage employees to take care of themselves. If an employee feels sick or unwell, we expect them to stay home, seek medical advice, stay in touch with their manager and focus on their health.
Policy Information: Travel
- We have halted most international business travel out of an abundance of caution until April 15, 2020, at which time we will reevaluate. Travel within select geographies is still permitted with senior leader approval.
- We ask that all employees returning from any high-risk domestic or international travel remain home through at least March 27, as with other employees.
- We have also halted all non-essential business travel (offsites, office visits, etc.) without senior leadership approval.
- While we don't restrict personal travel decisions, we ask any employee who is returning home from travel to contact their manager who will partner closely with HR to assess the situation. They will follow the March work from home timeline as the rest of the organization, but may be asked to work from home for an extended period. See the CDC travel information for the latest updates.
Policy Information: Office Visitation
Currently, we are not accepting visitors in any of our office locations, again out of an abundance of caution.
Planned Company Events:
- EMEA Customer Summit: Our annual EMEA Customer Summit, previously planned for 28 May, will be postponed to Q4.
- Digital Contractor Roadshows: At this time, Digital Contractor Roadshows globally in April and May have been cancelled and will be rescheduled for later in the year.
- Collaborate 2020: We will remain nimble on our 10th Annual Collaborate User Conference. That said, our Call for Speakers is currently open and we are accepting applications. The planning must go on for a fantastic conference, in whichever medium it takes shape.
- Industry Events: All industry events will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and we will keep you informed as decisions are made. Many of our planned Q2 events are currently being rescheduled by show organizers.
We will update this post regularly as we evolve our response to the situation and accompanying policies. Many thanks to our employees, partners and customers for their continued support, flexibility and understanding. We wish the best for you and your family and hope that you stay healthy!